Friday, March 20, 2009

T minus 1 year...

Eee it's our negative-one-year anniversary today. AND I want to say Happy Anniversary to Elaine & Rob - we'll be sharing it with you after next year! so. exciting.

...I actually started this post this morning and now I have more EEEEing to do - I bought a dress!!! woop woop! But, if anyone still wants to go dress shopping, I still want to go to the Running of the Brides, and probably a few other outings. I got this dress at a Blowout price from the Priscilla of Boston sample sale. Original price of the dress was $4,200. I got it for $167.16, and we couldn't find any damage at all, it just needs a cleaning. And it's a really great dress, I just might take it to a seamstress to see if they can turn the neckline into a sweetheart, right now it's just straight across the top. But it fits me almost perfectly, so alterations would be cheap. Still! I'm going to keep shopping around. In the meantime, Jessika has offered to keep the dress at her place, since I was in a zipcar headed back to Bethesda, and also where would I have put it otherwise?

Anyway that's all the description I'm going to give here! Can't let Zach hear too much about it. :) :) I might send an email out to inquiring minds, once I get the pictures uploaded. I've been searching for images online, but nothing's coming up when I put in the style number.. guess it's probably a couple seasons old!

Tonight zp and I are going to Lebanese Taverna in Westover to celebrate our negative one year anniversary. :)

I just spent ummm a really long time making up a Spring inspiration board, I was hoping to share it here but I can't figure out how to save it as one file! dang. well I'm outta here! happy first day of spring!! :)




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Rachel! You found a dress! That is great! My wedding dress cost $25 on sale, so you are following in the Porter tradition. There is a nice seamstress in Westover who altered my dress for Andy's wedding, if you decide to change the neckline. Please email me some dress details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finding your dress..and at such a great price! I hope you have an awesome wedding day!

    ReplyDelete